Job Position Overview
The bookkeeper records financial transactions, maintains financial records, fact checks financial data, updates financial statements, and assists with grant tracking and its associated financial reporting. The bookkeeper reports to the Executive Director.
Location: Remote/Work from Home
Hours: Part-time non-exempt (20+ hours per week)
Rate of Pay: $18-$25 per hour (based on experience and qualifications)
- Bookkeeping in QuickBooks Online
- Accounts Payable, Invoicing, & Accounts Receivable
- General Ledger, & Reconciliations
- Assist with State and Federal 990 tax filing
- General office duties
- Workflow management
- Monthly Financial Reports
- Class and Grant Allocations
- Assistance preparing annual organizational budget
- Attend Program and Grant meetings as needed.
- Attend a weekly meeting with the Executive Director
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in business, accounting, math or a related field
- 2+ years experience in a similar position
- Experience working in a 501(c)(3) organization (preferred)
- Understand basics of tax requirements and accounting for nonprofits
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Able to multitask, prioritize, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate complex data clearly
- Excellent data entry skills
- Great interpersonal and customer service skills
- Familiarity with a wide range of financial transactions including Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills
- Knowledge of word processing, databases, and spreadsheets
- General IT (WordPress) and Air Table database experience a plus
- Organized and self-motivated
- Excellent Time Management
- Exceptional at communication and building relationships
- Passion for education, gardening, food security, nutrition or health
- Willingness to participate in a background check
- Be flexible, be determined, and have a positive attitude.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume through our application form. Questions regarding this position can be sent to: apply at grow some good dot org.
As a non-profit, positions are dependent on organization receiving grant funding and donations.