March 9th: 7th Annual Taste of School Gardens
Taste of School Gardens returns to Maui Tropical Plantation on March 9th. This foodie fundraiser benefiting Grow Some Good features top Maui chefs from Cow Pig Bun, DUO, Fleetwood’s on Front Street, Fork & Salad, Maui Breadfruit Company, The Mill House, Moku Roots, Old Lahaina Luau, Outrigger Pizza Company, Sarento’s on the Beach, and Taverna, who’ll serve up delicious locally-sourced, garden-inspired dishes.
Celebrating our 10th anniversary, Grow Some Good is showcasing major milestones and achievements and featuring founders and activities from the past decade through today. In addition to the chef’s preparations, guests can enjoy select wines and beers, live entertainment, and exciting live and silent auctions.
Featured Chefs and Restaurants:
[maxbutton id=”26″ ]
- Chef Craig Dryhurst of DUO
- Chefs Jaron Blosser, Cody Christopher and Travis Morrin of Fork & Salad
- Chef John Cadman of Maui Breadfruit Company
- Chef Kevin Laut of Outrigger Pizza Company
- Chef Ivan Pahk of Old Lahaina Luau
- Chef Taylor Ponte of Mill House
- Chef Eric Morrissette of Fleetwood’s on Front Street
- Chef Geno Sarmiento of Sarento’s on the Beach
- Chef Roger Stettler of Taverna and Cow Pig Bun
- Chef Nick Stowell of Moku Roots
We’re excited to introduce new musical guests Three to 5!
When the rhythm section of Soul Kitchen Maui joins forces with the guitar wizardry of Matt Del Olmo (Yum Yum Beast, Brown Chicken Brown Cow) and the organ styling of Matt Novotney, you get Three to 5, Maui’s most conscious instrumental funk ensemble. Drawing influences from classic funk and modern organ jazz, it’s a musical journey unlike anything else on Maui.
Fine wines are available from Maui Wine, Chambers & Chambers Wine Merchants, Johnson Brothers, Paradise Beverages, Inc. and Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits. Maui Brewing Company will offer local brews and their new Cola, Ginger Beer and Root Beer. This year we are also excited to have Kombucha from Valley Isle Kombucha.
Date: Saturday, March 9, 2019
Time: 5:00 – 8:30 p.m.
- VIP tables: Tables feature preferred seating, table host to assist with delivery of chef-prepared plates, special gifts from our students and more. Certified Sommelier James Maher from Chambers & Chambers Wine Merchant’s will have specially selected wines available and stories about each wine and region it was grown.
- $1,600 VIP Table of 8
- $ 800 VIP Table of 4
- $150 Guest Admission. Enjoy chefs’ creations and browse our fabulous auction items. While we plan to have seating for everyone, there is no reserved seating, so arrive early or enjoy mingling with friends. Fine wines, local brews and other beverages are available.
Location: Maui Tropical Plantation
1670 Honoapiilani Highway
Wailuku, HI 96793
All guests must be 21+ to attend this event.
In conjunction with Maui Huliau Foundation’s Green Events Program, Grow Some Good is striving to make this a “Zero Waste Event.”
Buy Your Tickets Online
VISA, MasterCard and American Express accepted.
Parking Note: Guest parking is located in special grass lot; guests will be able to use the Maui Tropical Plantation trolley take them to front of property. Handicapped parking is available in the main parking area.
Mahalo to our Sponsors…
… And every wonderful teacher, parent, volunteer and local business that digs in to help school gardens on Maui thrive!