Job Position Overview
Reporting to the Executive Director and the Fundraising and Marketing Manager, the Social Media Coordinator is responsible for creating, implementing, monitoring, analyzing, and reporting on targeted campaigns through various social media platforms and our website.
Location: 95% Remote/Work from home; 5% Event participation (subject to increase/decrease according to event/project scheduling and programmatic needs and priorities).
Hours: Part-time non-exempt (20+ hours per week)
Rate of Pay: $18-$23 per hour (based on experience and qualifications)
- Establish Social Media Plan; work with staff to have continual flow of quality stories.
- Create appealing and effective social media postings that are responsible for promoting and maintaining the reputation of the “Grow Some Good” brand.
- Inform the community of our activities and identify opportunities to engage and support the organization.
- Increase engagement of social postings each month and maintain a schedule for releases.
- Follow conversations relative to individual postings and interact with all public responses.
- Provide monthly KPI reporting for social media and website platforms and set relevant goals and objectives.
- Work with the Management Team and Staff to ensure a quality newsletter is released monthly. Increase readership (list size + actual opens) by 10% each year. Establish Schedule of target posts going out 3 months.
- Be flexible, be determined, and have a positive attitude.
- Keep up with technologies used in social media
- Establish relationships/networks of industry professionals or influencers on social media.
- Attend any program meetings as needed.
- Attend a weekly meeting with ED and other management staff and report and strategize on Social Media campaigns and activities.
- Communicate and work closely with the Fundraising and Marketing Manager (or ED) to support and coordinate each department’s goals.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in communications, business, marketing, or public relations.
- 2+ years experience managing social media accounts
- Understand social media KPIs
- Familiar with web page design and publishing
- Proficient in business posts on social media platforms
- Understand SEO and web traffic data
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, grammar, and communication skills
- Knowledge of word processing, databases, and spreadsheets
- Knowledge of social media strategies
- Organized and self-motivated
- Excellent Time Management
- Exceptional at communication and building relationships
- Passion for education, gardening, food security, nutrition, or health
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume through our application form. Questions regarding this position can be sent to: apply at grow some good dot org.
As a non-profit, positions are dependent on organization receiving grant funding and donations.