Taste of School Gardens
Maui Tropical Plantation is at 1670 Honoapiilani Hwy, Wailuku, HI 96793.
The event will be held on the Grand View Lawn. This is a grass lawn on a slight slope. If you feel you might need special assistance, please let us know in advance.
Free parking is available on-site in the front lawn parking lot area, about 200 yards from the event entrance. There is a shuttle available for those who need assistance. Handicapped parking is also available in the main parking lot near the Maui Tropical Plantation store.
In Case of Rain:
The event will go on, rain or shine. There is limited space for guests beneath the large tent, and some areas of the event site are protected by large trees.
All sales are final. If you would like to transfer your ticket into another person’s name, please contact Grow Some Good at TOSG@growsomegood.org
Zero Waste Event:
In partnership with the Maui Huliau Foundation program, Huliau Green Events, Taste of School Gardens is striving to be a “zero waste event,” meaning that the majority of waste from the event will be recycled or composted. Zero-waste stations throughout the event will have separate receptacles for food waste and recyclable material, diverting 65-86% of waste from landfills. The use of compostable serving dishes, forks, and spoons, generously donated by Sustainable Island Products, will help reduce waste further. We are also asking guests to use a single glass throughout the evening.
Participating chefs are preparing a variety of dishes for all tastes, including many vegetarian selections.
Menu items confirmed to date:
- ‘Ulu Curry, a coconut curry of local breadfruit, carrots, onions and fresh basil (vegetarian) from Maui Breadfruit Co
- Beet & Goat Cheese Salad (vegetarian) from Fork & Salad
- Ni’ihau Lamb Chili from Fork & Salad
- Crispy Wonton Wrapped Gyros, Served with Yogurt, Cucumber, Wild shallot, Apples, Montmorency Cherries and Mint, from Pizza Paradiso
- Maui Beet Gazpacho with Sweet Corn Risotto (vegetarian) from Ono Gelato Kihei
- Ahi-Avocado Poke Wonton Bowl with Black Sesame from Gelato Ono Gelato Kihei
- Heart of Palm “Calamari” With pickled peppers, fresh herbs, spicy tomato, and white bean tartare sauce (vegetarian) from DUO
- SPAMP: Homemade Spam with Shiitake Konbu rice, Nori, Gingeryaki sauce, and Furikake from Aloha Mixed Plate
- Nasu Katsu Parmesan Crusted Japanese Eggplant, with Japanese Worchestshire sauce, farmers cheese, Mizuna and Oluwalu Calamansi Vinaigrette (vegetarian) from Aloha Mixed Plate
- “Elote” Roasted sweet corn pudding with salted white chocolate butter cake, lime cream, and chili lime caramel corn from DUO
- Affogato Bar: Coffee and Drinking Chocolate Poured Over Ono Gelato in a variety of flavors, from Ono Gelato Kihei